STWM Training in Review (Weeks 9-14 of 20)

Oh well. More business travel means less updates to the blog. But at least I got the running in that I needed to.

What did I do since the last update.

Trip to India

Well I travelled to India for one. 2 weeks of business travel to Bangalore, with a day trip to Mysore, the former capital of Karnataka state.

I ran 7 times in all in Cubbon Park, the park at the center of Bangalore.

On August 2nd, I ran a 10 km road race known as the PUMA Urban Stampede in a Bangalore office park. The race started at 6AM to minimize the heat / humidity. Since my typical routine involves bringing a toaster and bagels with me, and I didn’t have either with me on this trip, I called room service for breakfast.

As for the race It was a very tight course, which meant darting in and out and around people to move up. 11834971_10153050813132636_6278289436080979553_o I started the race near the very end as I forgot to start my watch. I finished 18th of 893 runners, which means I pass A LOT of people.  I finished in 44:35 for an average pace of 4:39 min/km. Not bad, especially considering the heat. 11221605_10153056220107636_4594524459963366754_o


Here is my result on Strava:  


This was me after the race, so I guess I didn’t suffer too badly.

Greetings from Bangalore ! Warm and humid but a sub-45 10km nonetheless.

A photo posted by Kenneth Trueman (@ktrueman) on


Running in the Eastern Townships

A day trip to Orford Provincial Park southeast of Montreal saw me run from one lake to another and back.


Trip to Winnipeg

A few weeks later saw me travel to Winnipeg, where my whole family is originally from. I took the opportunity to go running in the wonderful Assiniboine Park.

Going running here. 🙂 A photo posted by Kenneth Trueman (@ktrueman) on

Every time I would stop to take a picture, I would get eaten by mosquitoes. So I stopped taking pictures.

Here is one of my runs there from Strava:


Quebec City Marathon

I flew from Winnipeg to Quebec City to run the marathon as a pace bunny.

But first I worked in the Canada Running Series booth with my track club coach, François Lecot. We talked about the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon as well as other events put on by CRS.

This time around I was the 3:45 pace bunny for runners using the 10:1 run/walk method, something completely new for me.

Ready to rock this marathon thing. #deuxrives #stravaproveit A photo posted by Kenneth Trueman (@ktrueman) on

I had an interesting story to tell at the end, regarding this picture that was featured on the Facebook profile of John Stanton, founder of The Running Room chain of running gear stores, the day after the race:

Ken and Karine

Here is the story I shared on Facebook:

QCC marathon story


The day after the marathon, I flew off to Dallas for a week of work. The 2nd time I did that in the last 3 months. Suffice to say, I did not run once while there. The temperatures were in the high 30s all week.

And now we are up to date. 🙂